1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

older xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by schill101, Sep 6, 2010.

1. schill101

schill101 Member

i have isos for my xbox. how do i load them through ffp. i can link my xbox through flash xp. i send the iso but it does not come through my xbox, i can see it through my computer but not on my xbox. i am using a modded xobx, it was modded back in 2005 it does not have a chip..........please help....i cannot use my dvd drive because it will not read anything.......thank you

2. Sifl

Sifl Member

ok I can help but I will need a little more info

-is the space on the xbox harddrive smaller than before you put it on?
    -what "dashboard dos your xbox boot to? examples: xbmc, evox, unleashed-x, mxm, avalaunch
    -for the computer side I strongly suggest filezilla( http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=server ), its freeware and open-source and it is the most compatible ftp app to use with the xbox,
    -also, have you managed to ftp any other non-gamesave files successfully?

just to let you know the first thing to try before even getting back to me is to use a iso app to extract the files from the iso to a folder with that game's name, I use PowerIso, but anyone other than nero should work, then create a folder in the E/: or F/: directories of your xbox named Games, ftp the game folder with the extracted files from the iso to the game folder of the xbox( if you use mxm as your dash, once you've gotten the game on the xbox hit y and a little menu will come up, select reset menu cache, then reboot your xbox, and it will appear in the menu

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  3. schill101

schill101 Member

the hd is large,there is a lot of stuff though
    boots to avalunch.., but i also have boxplorer,evox, linux, xcomander
    i do have filezilla,& power iso.

rumber this was modded in 2005.

4. Sifl

Sifl Member

ok sounds good,
    1.you will have to extract the files from the iso with poweriso, to do that right click the iso and choose " extract here using file names for folders
    2.once that is done open filezilla and connect to the xbox
    3.then on the root of the partition you want to have games on E/: , F/: or G:/ make a folder called Games and ftp the game to that folder
    4.then find the folder called "E/:cache" and delete everything in it ( prevents games locking up, also if your xbox shows a X/:, Y/:,and Z/: folder find the cache folder in those and delete there contents as well)
    5.then reset your xbox
    6.then in avalaunch use the file explore feature(cant remember what avalaunch calls it as I haven't used it in years) got to the games folder you created
    7.select the game you want
    8.find and select the "default.xbe" inside the folder of the game you want to play
    and it should launch

- let me know haw this works for you

ps most evox disrtos will auto detect the games folder and any games in them so once you have the game extracted and put in the games folder it should come up in the evox menu, also if it doesn't try making the g in the name of the folder upper-case- F/:Games

5. Sifl

Sifl Member

oh almost forgot there also is a app for the xbox called "complex tools" it can extract the iso for you right on you xbox it will create the games folder for you , it will ask which partition you want it on and just do it all for you if you want to go that route let me know and I'll let you know where to get it.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  6. schill101

schill101 Member

thank you for your quick response!!! i have done everything that you posted, but i cant seem to get the defult.xbe file. i can see it in the iso. after i transferd it to my xbox the xbe does not appear, i took the xbe file from the iso & transferd it to the file. i can see it on my xbox, but it does not work when i hit it. i have other games on that drive i hit ther xbe & those games loaded.... how can i get the xbe file to load????? also i downloaded complex tools but i need help... we are almost there, thanks for your reply......

7. Sifl

Sifl Member

no prob, I'm glad I could help.
    ok, which game are you trying to play? as some of them need to be patched to work from the hard drive. also what exactly happens when you try to load it does it freeze up, or just go back to the dash?

BTW just out of curiosity have you tried to burning the game to dvd-r? the iso might be bad and if it launches from dvd you know its good. not common but it happens

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  8. Sifl

Sifl Member

btw also you can try deleting the game from the xbox, moving the iso back to the games folder, launch complex tools , choose iso extract select the iso and the folder you want it to go to, reset yor xbox and see if it will launch