1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OLE Automatic! Please help!

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Reitfor, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Reitfor

Reitfor Guest

Well I installed the comodo firewall like a helper suggested and when I turned it on with all the updates it told me this exactly:

Description: Suspecious Behaviour (svchost.exe)
    Application: C:/WINDOWS/system32/svchost.exe
    Parent: C:/WINDOWS/system32/services.exe
    Protocol: UDP Out
    Destination: 255.255.255.255:: bootp(67)
    Details: C:/WINDOWS/explorer.exe has tried to use C:WINDOWS/system32/svchost.exe through OLE Automation, which can be used to hijack other applications.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

3. Reitfor

Reitfor Guest

Thank you very much for your help. Also I have a file in my internet connections that wasnt there. Its called Internet Gateway. Can you explain me about that too please?

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I did a quick google and all it is is an app which comes with the comodo package to make your internet surfing safer. I think it checks things that are going in and out of your net connection for spam and viruses etc. Unless it hinders your browsing noline etc, i wouldn't worry about it.
    :)

5. Reitfor

Reitfor Guest

...It isnt from Comodo. I had it like for a week now.

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Yes, you're right, it isn't Comodo, I just realised that the I read it wrong off the site I went to.

When did you install Comodo relative to when this appeared?

Did you install any toolbars prior to this appearing and the like?

Deos it look like this..

[​IMG]

I found that here whilst googling..
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/internetgateway.htm

7. Reitfor

Reitfor Guest

Yes it does. I just found information about it on Google. Well it sorta is when people are sharing the internet connections and since here at my house we have a modem wireless I guess that should be it.

8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Well, as I said before, unless it hinders your internet browsing/using, then I would not worry about it. I'm sorry I can not be more specific as to what it is; I'm looking.

9. Reitfor

Reitfor Guest

Its alright dont worry about it. Thanks for your help, now I know it isnt anything bad. I wish KotaGuy was here to take a look at my logfile.

10. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Well, you could always start a new thread with your log in and then maybe him or another knowledgeable member will be able to assist you with it. I however am no-where near experienced with Hi-jack this logs to take a look at yours, sorry. :)