1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

on board audio

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by rtrg, Sep 19, 2015.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Please move as needed. HP COMPAQ ELITE8000 at hand. The desktop has 3 video sources and one audio source. 2 video card slots and one on board vga. One on board audio port, in and out. 3 WHITE PCI slots and a 25 pin printer port hard wired to the MP port. The issue is that NO pci card is accepted. System either loses video or will not boot past the SPLASH screen. Only a usb audio dongle works. On board audio does not work. Error in WMP confirms that. I would prefer a card. Any solutions? Is there a setting in bios I am missing? When I install the card one one occasion the video remained. Neither the CD for the card would be read, nor could I download from the web. "AUDIO CARD NOT FOUND" despite the system tray detection to the contrary.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not an audio issue. is there any exclamation marks or unknown devices in device manager? did you turn off or disable the onboard soundcard before trying a pci soundcard?