1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On line member list

Discussion in 'Suggestions, ideas and feedback' started by cleft, Jan 5, 2004.

1. cleft

cleft Member

Being as I am new here, I am not sure this has been brought up (have the sneeking suspicion it might have).

Show a list of who is on line. Most forums have this feature and I am suprised this one does not.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

We had it for a while, but as we peak to 3000 users online simultaneously, update queries to the database slowed down the system too much to justify the feature. We still got the code, so if we decide to add more processing power to our database server in future (currently the database sits on dedicated P4 2.8GHz + 2GB box) we might enable this feature again.

3. cleft

cleft Member

I understand, I had no idea that you had that much user base. That would make the user list quite long and cumbersome.

4. john179

john179 Active member

Great idea though if it was in the way of senior member down to newbie.You could ask the person you thought could help for advise.I know some people would get logged down but if they had some way of passing it down to someone who they thought could handle the querie who was not busy this would be great.This would be the top not as it is not anyway.But lets be supreme and offer more than other forums.
    John179

5. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

you can always come to our IRC channel, we have a very diverse group in there, nearly every topic can be handled in the channel. check my sig for the server and channel, or if you know nothing of IRC, check my sig for a link to my guide on how to get to IRC.