1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On the fly using Nero 6

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Yamaha-98, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Yamaha-98

Yamaha-98 Member

Hi

I have made some excellant copies using Anydvd and Clone DVD as well as DVD Shrink and nero as recommended by you guys.I need some more advice.If i want to make a quick copy of a copied dvd i thought i would be able to use Nero and copy on the fly.I am sure i am missing something as when i try, it says the disc can not be copied.I wanted to copy on the fly to save time as well as not having to save the backups to my hard drive each time.Am i right in thinking the discs have to be decrypted first even though they are copies. If this is the case why do you have the option to copy on the fly?.

Any help is appreciated

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Clone DVD and DVD Shrink both strip out the protection so your copies won't be protected. I'm not sure why Nero is saying it can't be copied. Maybe others here who've encountered this can shed more light on this. I've always used the tried and true method of original to HD to blank.

On the Fly can be done but you should expect errors and bad discs. In my opinion, and many others here, it simply isn't worth the time saved. If you do decide to go ahead with it, set your reader to max speed and burn very slow.

3. Yamaha-98

Yamaha-98 Member

I will take your advice and copy to the h/d first, it doesnt seem worth it wasting disks for the sake of a few minutes.

Thanks

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Well I always copy on the fly. Using AnyDvd, if it's a shorty (DVD 5) I use B's Gold. I also use B's for copying a backup direct also. On a DVD 9 if going for 'Movie Only' I'll use InstantCopy 8 (direct to disc). It's worth trying to see if your system can handle it. I have both reader and burner on the same IDE channel. Never had a coaster yet. I'll try it with Nero next to see what happens.

It's not just the time saved it's all the intervening steps. Just start it and walk away. Your milage may vary.