1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

once and for all Two Towers final help needed

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Dialogue, May 9, 2003.

1. Dialogue

Dialogue Member

ok guys ive seen lots of problems with this particular film i need to get a few things fixed i have it in 3 seprate files from postx. 1. I am aware of the ac3 audio and i use graphedit to get a wave file but it cuts out halfway through the vcd when burned, i tried virtual dub but i get a no decompressor error message, if i use direct stream it will be choppy, 2. im not to sure how to keep the widescreen aspectratio i am using tmpenc. and vcdeasy, vcdeasy keeps changing it back to 4:3 i also have nero but i cant quite get a working vcd from nero. i am certian that everyone is sick of this thread so lets all get this one to work seamlessly.

2. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

to keep it in widescreen click other settings then the advanced tab after that go to "video arange method" drop down menu and select fullscreen(keep aspect ratio). that should work

3. Dialogue

Dialogue Member

tried it cant it seems not to have worked

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well use VirtualDUBMOD for ac3 audio!

5. Dialogue

Dialogue Member

ok where do i get it at?

6. Dela

the software section of thgis website!

7. Dialogue

Dialogue Member

i need to letterbox the mpeg how do i do that?

8. Dela

What you mean, during encoding??

9. alxdotnet

alxdotnet Guest

I have the same problem. VirtualDubMod works fine on the A/V problems (so long as you delete the bad frames 11259 to the next keyframe. However, the aspect ratio is 2.35:1 How do I encode to VCD while preserving this?

10. dirtynbl

dirtynbl Guest

so you're trying to back up your copy of Two Towers......?

11. alxdotnet

alxdotnet Guest

Ok encoding the Two Towers complete guide...should be easy, right?

I am not sure which files you are talking about. The most common is the 2 file DVDScr.XviD.ViTE version, so that is the one I will discuss.

You will need some software: VirtualDubMod, TMPGEnc, and a VCD burner. You will at least need to be able to play the file with no problems...that requires an XviD codec. I've heard good things about the Nimo Codec Pack.

The first file has corrupted frames, beginning with 11263. To fix this, open it in VDubMod. Under Edit, select Go To and type in 11259. Set this as the beginning of your selection. Go to the next keyframe and press Del. This will remove the bad frames.

Select frames 0-11229. Click Streams and select Stream List. Right Click the audio and select Full Processing Mode. Right click again and select Compression. Choose No Compression <PCM>. Save using Direct Stream Copy for the video (set this in the save dialog box) to an AVI called Segment 1 or something.

The second half will have audio sync problems (you removed about a quarter second of video, remember?) To fix this, go to Streams and select Stream List. Right click the audio and select Full Processing Mode. Right click again and select Compression, choosing No Compression PCM again. Right click again and select Interleaving. Enter a skew correction value of -250ms (may be different for your files) Select frames 11229 to the end and save to a Segment 2 avi.

For the second file, simply save to a third segment file with Direct Stream Copy for video and Full Processing Mode: No Compression <PCM> for audio.

Congratulations! These files should work fine in TMPGEnc. If you have any problems, you should probably recompress them to DivX first.

Now for the aspect ratio. Load the file in TMPGEnc. Select Clip Frame in the Filter Setting window. Under Advanced, select Fullscreen (keep aspect ratio).

Finally, use TMPGEnc's built in tools to recombine and resplit the MPEGs before burning to VCD.

12. alxdotnet

alxdotnet Guest

Oops: when selecting the bad frames, after you go to the next keyframe, be sure to set this as the end of your selection before you press Del.

13. seanrc

seanrc Member

Hi,

Whatever value I enter for the audio skew correction, the audio is still well out when I save the avi. What am I missing ?

14. alxdotnet

alxdotnet Guest

Be sure that you are using the Nimo Codec Pack, this seems to work best. Also, the original VirtualDub will cause this problem--VirtualDubMod is required. The first part (frames 0-11229) needs no correction. -250ms should work for the second part.

15. seanrc

seanrc Member

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl :)

16. seanrc

seanrc Member

hmm, all the video has a green background now. Any ideas ?

17. alxdotnet

alxdotnet Guest

Make sure you uninstall all of your old codecs before installing Nimo--this should fix your problem.