1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once I have backedup dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cyelsa, Jan 23, 2007.

1. cyelsa

cyelsa Member

Once i have backed up Dvd and it works great Do I always have to use DVDdecrypter to burn or is there something faster. Also, how do I elimate so much space being used on harddrive but still keep movies on computer. Can I delete the DVDfab folders and just keep the DVD decryper file and still burn DVD

2. onya

onya Guest

Try this link for guides and software (thanks to bbmayo)

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

As far as storing movies on your hdd is concerned, try using an external drive (USB). We keep our favs on one and delete only when needed. When you use your antivirus etc to run scans, the additional movie files that are on your pc's internal hdd, add considerably to the time taken.(as does defragging)

Lastly, keep all files related to that movie in it's folder for processing at a later date.

Cheers.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The time it takes to burn a DVD will depend on the steps you take to get the files ready to burn.

If the backup DVD is in an ISO or on a backup DVD disc already then DVD Decrypter will be just as fast as any other burning program you use. (MODE/ISO/WRITE to burn an ISO or it would be MODE/ISO/READ to get the ISO file from the DVD disc then MODE/ISO/WRITE to burn that ISO that was just created)

If these are VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS files then DVD Decrypter will not be able to burn these files unless you run them through a program that will output and create a compliant DVD of those files. In this case it would be faster to use a program like IMGBurn with the build option or use Nero Burning Rom and choose make a VIDEO-DVD.

Now with the question about Hard Drive space...

What steps and programs do you use when backing up your DVDs?

What program do you use first/then second/ then third and so on?

Are you transcoding them down to DVD5 single layer disc or burning them to Dual-Layer disc?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007