1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one cable outlet problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by james636, Apr 5, 2007.

1. james636

james636 Member

In the link below contains a problem that a guy is having that I also share

One cable outlet problem

I live in an apartment and they have placed a temporary hault on the additions of cable outlets. They also have stated that running wires across the floor is absolutely not an option.

Is there anything that I can do?

2. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

How far are you wanting to run an extra cable to? If it's from a bedroom, down the hall, to the living, yeah I can see where Bldg mgmt may take exception to it. I install residential DBS and run into this all the time. It depends on who owns the building, and who manages it. My personal thoughts are, you're living there, why not run cable throughout so long as it's not physically attached to anything, (i.e. screwed to the carpet, trim panels) that's why they make throw rugs. A tip, if your apartment is carpeted (most are) it would be easy to hide a cable between the carpeting and the baseboard trim if there is any. There is usally a gap between the trim and the carpet that you could tuck a cable into, just be careful of the tack strip so you don't puncture the cable. The tack strip is usually out far enough though so you should have enough space to hide a cable then if you NEED to run it across a walkway or soemthing at some point, throw a rug over it. If they still object, move out.