1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one click dvd copying software?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by punx777, Sep 1, 2004.

1. punx777

punx777 Regular member

hey, i want to know what my options are for one click dvd copying software is...... (dont tell me dvd shrink because ive tried it) dvdshrinks cool its just the rest of my family doesnt have the time/patients/knowlege to use shrink... thanks ahead of time:)

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

In your case I'd highly recommend Elby's CloneDVD 2 and Slysoft's AnyDVD. With AnyDVD running in the background it's a matter of a few simple clicks to start the process using CloneDVD. I use them both and think they do a great job :)

CloneDVD will do the compression and burning but has no ripper which is where AnyDVD comes into play because it will run in the background and dynamically bypass the encryption allowing CloneDVD to function as if it had a ripper.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

3. 64026402

64026402 Active member

DVDshrink is the easiest one click solution I know of.
    It doesn't require any knowledge of DVDs or backups.
    My second day when trying out burning programs I stumbled on shrink. With 0 experience I made a backup.
    I nearly cried because of the money I spent on Xcopy.

There are a lot of programs but DVDshrink takes less setup or experience than any of them. The other programs require you setup a seperate ripper then feed it into the program. Or setup a background ripper and rip on the fly. Shrink can ripp and compress and burn with free dvddecrypter or nero on auto.
    Just because it can do a lot doesn't mean you have to.
    Hit open DVD then hit backup.

I use DVDrebuilder now but Shrink is still easiest.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'm totally with you on that one Donald. I just didn't mention it because he said his family didn't like it :)

5. 64026402

64026402 Active member

I still have one click DVDcopy. It is about as basic a start as there is. One click.
    A little to basic for me.

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I think many of us got stuck with one of the X COPY products when starting out. I did. Like Nephilim says Elby's CloneDVD is a very good choice if you don't like Shrink. Thats my main backup software with AnyDVD. Never have a problem with it.

Jerry

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  7. punx777

punx777 Regular member

hey, thanks, tried clone dvd, dont really like it but thanks :) , ill just buy my friends xpress since im sure thats the one thing my family could handle lol.... and its the fastest i do belive..... hey is there any way of taking the 321 studios screen off of the ripper included products...... (i meen, a patch?) that screen annoys me.. if not its cool. thanks everyone.

yes, shrink is deffinitly the best :)

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

9. punx777

punx777 Regular member

but with that i have to let it read, go through and open the folder and press some buttons right? hasnt someone came along and made just a patch for it yet? i know they make one for the ripper free products

10. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Thats the best we can do. Its just 1 extra click between the rip and the burn startup. Should only take a second.

Jerry

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

punx777

Donald is correct DVD Shrink isn't all that hard to learn but to get quality settings you're going to have to wait. If speed is all you're after then DVDcopy2 can back a moive in under 35 minutes on most systems.

13. 64026402

64026402 Active member

I must say that Xcopy is the least desirable program for backing up DVDs. If you don't like shrink then DVDcopy2 would be my next recomendation also. Faster and simpler and a better picture than Xcopy.

There are so many options that are easy to use it just boggles my mind that you would want 321.

14. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Also Dvdshrink is not the best, it is simply the best for beginers.
    DVDrebuilder is the best backup program available presently.

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

punx777

Again I agree with Donald and although RB/CCE is also a slow method it more than makes up for it with quality and time budgeting features. DVD RB has a batch processing feature which allows you to encode several DVD's at once (I did 5 in a row) without you being there. All you have to do is return when they're done and burn them and again the quality is unreal.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

16. 64026402

64026402 Active member

And there is always RBfarm. 3hr movies in under an hour with super high quality. But not exactly what this thread is about.

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

punx777

Do you feel like a little adventure? Want to know what is at the end of your search for quality for the best possible method for DVD backups?

Then let's go on a little transcoder safari. A few months ago a few of us gathered to ask one simple question. Which transcoding tools produce the best picture quality.

Since then we've become a tight group intent on passing on what we've learned. YOu can try and read as much of it as you can stand or just skip to the end and begin asking your questions. Everything worth learning requires some effort but for most of us it really wasn't that hard.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/88038
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

18. punx777

punx777 Regular member

hey again.... thanks everyone... i do realize xcopy and shrink arent the greatest but to be honost.... on my 54 ish inch big screen, i CAN NOT tell the difference. aside from the splash screen at the begging, thanks, sry im so picky.... you guys can stop posting in here unless you have some really juicy info..

19. 64026402

64026402 Active member

I also like to move around in a movie without the user prohibited operations. If you use Xcopy you might want to use Anydvd to decrypt on the fly. It'll help.

20. punx777

punx777 Regular member

i have anydvd and i really dont think its helping me.. i think its going slower then it used to