1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Click DVD produced 6.7Gb DVD-R??WEIRD!!

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by jaymzS, Nov 12, 2004.

1. jaymzS

jaymzS Guest

Hi,

I'm new to DVD backups. I just backed up one of my DVD's using One Click DVD which worked great - however Windows XP says the DVD-R (RITEK 4.7GB GO4)is now 6.7GB?? How can this be - it says it on 2 PC's? Weird huh? Any suggestions as to why?

It plays back fine - no problems. I actually am considering purchasing One Click DVD ($49) as I downloaded the latest copy of Shrink DVD and it could not rip the DVD - saying "copy protection I/O error" about halfway through. Any suggestions?

Any advice would be great!

2. Yordan

Yordan Guest

Shrink has probably encountered a scratch on the disk or an unreadable sector. DVD Decrypter should do the ripping just fine, you don`t have to spend any money on additional software. As to the 6.7Gb anomaly, I`ve had a similar result with a RW disk - after erasing it reported as blank disk with 5.7Gb of free space.

3. jaymzS

jaymzS Guest

Ahh, Thanks it Decryptor as ripped it but now when I try and burn it using nero to burn it to DVD-R it's saying "error file allocation cannot assign files" when I try and create a DVD video disc in Nero.

Help!