1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One minor private messaging annoyance fixed

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, Jul 5, 2003.

1. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Now when you click a button next to a user's message that says "Send private message", the next page you see wont contain the full list of all of our users anymore, but just the nick of the user that you're sending the msg to. This should quite dramatically cut down the loading times for the page.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

nice little tweak, keep em comin!:)

3. dRD

Slooowwwlly my friend, slooowwllyy.. Evolving process, takes about 3 zillion years to grow :) You remember about year ago and you see that the software has improved quite a lot -- although the horrible pink is still there, but thats just matter of the layout :) And the layout can be changed, as the Blasteroids.com project has shown :)

4. Dela

Yes dRD, blasteroids and the dvdxcopy forums are kick ass looking mate :)

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

LOL - glad u got that one fixed dRD - cheers

6. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

Actually, I've grown quite fond of the "horrible pink" over the last couple of years. (Nothing wrong with it at all as far as I can see.) If nothing else, it is a unique colour.

Very nice tweak you made there re: PMs. Will try it out shortly.

7. Dela

Well cligy we all know that you are a bit on the weird side so the pink would look kinda cool to you ;-) lol, just kiddin mate! :)

8. A_Klingon

Well, it's not so much 'pink' as it is 'flesh-toned', Dela, (if you've been out in the sun too long).

And yes, being weird is about the only thing that keeps me sane. :) It's refreshing !!

9. dRD

Philosphical question: If you've been weird for over 25yrs or so, are you still weird or do you become normal as your "weirdness" is normal for you?-)

10. A_Klingon

That's a very good question, Petteri, and I'm glad you asked. Shows you're thinking. (love the t-shirt, btw)

Being weird is not always easy. It's an acquired art, and not everyone can do it successfully. It takes a lot of practice, and being a little nuts certainly helps.

What IS normal? Being a little nuts myself, I'm not really sure. Certainly, being a little "off-center" has it's advantages. You can pretend that everything wrong with the world is someone else's fault. You hardly ever have to accept responsibility for anything! ("Aw, don't worry about him - he's just nuts").

"Weird" becomes a way of life after awhile, so yes - you're right - the 'crossover point' between nuts and reality becomes blurred. The change, when it comes - and it will come -- can be very subtle, and you might not even notice it at first. But if you 'hang-in' there long enough, you too can be weird, just like me.

After all, who is to say which is better? (Maybe we could do a tutorial on this in the 'Articles' section or something. We wouldn't even need any software!) :)

If you require any more helpful information on this timely subject, please be sure to ask someone else, as I'm a little nuts myself and know very little about it. My door is always open, dRD. (No, I can't help you, I just mean my door is always open - the damned thing is stuck).

Hope this helps.

We must get together more often on these little philosophical chats. I miss them. Invite loaded (paul) if you like, as he is so weird, that most of us nut-burgers can only aspire to be more like him. I really look up to him.

-- Klingy --

11. Dela

Well kligy when i said weird, i used the wrong word i do believe because i myself am extremely weird. I am 3 ppl in 1.

1. Happy Jamie :) (this bloke is the one who is out usually when there is no school and my mother found her off button!)
    2. Crazzzzzzy Jamie :S (This one is the one who posts a lot,m like he is a computer, it is automatic, nothing else matters to this one, life itself is over-rated)
    3. Angry Jamie :mad: grrr (This one unfortunately EVERYONE has seen at some stage and he is complete bumhole! Although he has been asleep for quite a while now and the other 2 agreed that he can just p*** off! or stay asleep till i need him)

I think its good to be weird, you already pointed out its an excuse to be weird, bush bombs country, its not his fault he is insane! :)

Normal is just a curse man., It's 2003 and still not everybody is on the net!! WTF??? When i see a person between the age of 16-30 doesnt know anything about computers its like, WOW they still make you?? Whta do you do with your time?? Oh yes get drunk, shoot pool, party with the same 5 ppl all the time, when the net has millions of users, and you could have 1000 friends without even noticing it and 80% of them are weird :D

Most weird people are the best ppl out there man, you will never see a famous normal person, almost every famous person has a whacked story to tell! if there were 0 ppl in the world weird it would sit still! I mean some of the best scientists were the most strange ppl u could mmet and if they werent weird they damn well wouldnt have tried all the crazy sh** they tried and put this world the way it is now!

So forgive my completely wrong use of the word weird, what was i thinking?? Petteri, when u see me on IRC, slap the sh** outta me, wake me up a bit! :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]"In your dreams!! It'll take a lot more than you boy!!!" ;-)

aD Channel on IRC: Server: rod.liquidirc.com channel: #ad_buddies

[/small]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2003
  12. A_Klingon

(Couldn't agree with you more). We're all a little schitzophrenic, and I think that's healthy.

(I think we scared him off Dela). Notice, whenever dRD gets tongue-tied, it takes a day or two to find him in some other thread? Sneaky bugger he is. (Gotta admire that). <gg>

-- Schitzy --

13. Dela

Well only for guys, schitzophrenic women are very scary!

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah - both think you are cheating on them both - gets confusing

15. A_Klingon

I know what you mean. I think my wife suspects I've been cheating on her with the other two girls, and hell, I'm not even married. :=)

16. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I've never laughed so much at....um...with someone before. You crack me up my Klingon friend. one think, could you be more stern with people being abusive on the forum. i dont mind people taking the piss out of other people, as lony=g as the language is ok. But our friend Rob, whop you have already spoken to, is going a bit far.

Cheers
    Chris

17. Dela

ah kligy kligy kligy, nice last post indeed. You got that little extra bit of madness in you man, can i borrow some of that?? The only problem i have with you is the time u sent me to bed without supper and banned me from pie because i said the word F*** on news comment, damn man dont you know I dont knowwhat I'm saying half the time?? You could have went a little easier! BTW, what is afterdawn and why am I here?? OH OH what does this button do??? :D

18. A_Klingon

<heh-heh> Well Dela, if you noticed, I did [bold]not[/bold] actually send you to bed for using the notorious 'F' word, you naughty little kitten. :)

But now that I can see you're a true-blue *MOD* (!!!), you'll have to be 'good' all by yourself now!

Chris, you're right of course. (You have a PM from me now). I don't always see these people before (other) mods take action. But if they hadn't (in the case of rob12770), I certainly would have after you kindly pointed his unacceptable language out.

Mostly, I mod the dvdxcopy forum, which is huge, but I just *love* the original forum here, because here you find a much more handsome group of schizophrenic nut-burgers.

-- Klingy --

19. Dela

I know man, but you virtually did :( lol

20. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Cheers Klingy, you do a great job. Starfleet will be poaching you from the Klingon empire if you keep this up. You might even get to take over from Mr Warf since he got promoted in the last Star Trek i watched (years ago)