1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one of my hard drives on my pc is acting up please help me my radio station could be on the line!

Discussion in 'Samsung discussion' started by Accu35, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Accu35

Accu35 Member

On my computer my 4GB Drive E holds all my music for my radio station I run at home its a small non-ad station for the community, But one day a song would stop on the same time and the program would say problem file or source may be damaged! I restarte the PC and XP said one of your drives needs to be checked for concestency (drive E) then varifying files and folders then replacing bad sectores in E:/Mp3/contemperary/Harborlights.mp3 then verifying free disk space then indicated it contained some bad sectores that file was not the one with problem! I loaded up the computer and that file hacing the problem was no longer damaged weared, but harborlights will make a heeess sound for a second or 2 every now and then at the same spots! the resthad gone fine for a wile then used my Cd ripper and ripped on the drive Sarah Brightmans La Luna cd at track 12 the system screan clicked off as if you loaded a game that changes the screen mode and the radiostation had gone blank my whol system was stuck then restarted it and it was replacing bad sectores in that file of La luna track 12.mp3 that song sounds like the computer is running slow but i burnned it to a mixed disk sounded that same way! no problems for 2 weeks then loaded up the computer and my recoreded country files indicated by my program NON-PLAYABLE I went to my computer E drive MP3/Country/recored and when I clicked on tat folder it stops for a few seconds and will say disk is not formatted format disk now Y/N I also noticed that lots of music files on the program will stop then start again like a slow up but when I use my wave editor program it takes it alot longer to open files from that drive! I restarted my pc and XP checked the disk again and it took it like maybe 10 times longer than last time and more bad sectores are fixed, but my pics and word documents in Austin's folder on that drive nerver go out only my music files seem to get affected is my drive a goner soon should I back up my music Via a CD or any other ways of doing so why would the drive seem slower? any ideas thanks? Need any computer help of your own please tell me with a link to your thread Im a grade A computer Genius see my site at Http://accu35.tripod.com and click on computer freak! Thank you so much scence I dont know everything!

2. Accu35

Accu35 Member

Oh by the way my drive is a Quantum Firenall 4GB HDD it came out of an old Pentium 2 HP Vetra VL maybee 6 years old at least!