1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Of My Menus Is Missing !!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by john1816, Jun 5, 2007.

1. john1816

john1816 Member

OK. Couldnt be more specific in the subject because I dont know what the menu is actually called. I think it might be task pane or task panel but Im not sure. Anyway, it is the panel that opens up to the left of the screen when you open My Computer or My Documents. It has three sections, System Tasks, Other Sites and Details. Clicking on a specific file within My Documents or My Computer opens a fourth section called Files and Folders Tasks allowing you to delete, copy, move files. I hope to God somebody knows what I am talking about because this menu/panel or whatever it is no longer appears. I have searched the internet trying to find a solution but to no avail, does anybody out there know why it has suddenly disappeared from my pc after two years and more importantly does anybody know how to get it back ? Thanks for any assistance.

2. whompus

whompus Active member

Go to my computer then folder options, select tools, folder options, in the general tab select show common tasks in folders.

3. john1816

john1816 Member

Nope. That was already checked. I unchecked and re checked it, applied and okayed it but no difference. This has happened once before on my old computer but I just cant remember how to correct it. Thanks anyway for the quick response, any more ideas ?

4. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  5. whompus

whompus Active member

And if that reg value does not do it. Then it may be corrupt. If so try run regsvr32 /i shell32 to see if it will ask for the windows cd to repair it.

6. john1816

john1816 Member

Thanks for the assistance. Turns out that when I re started my pc the damn thing was back again!! Couldnt have restarted earlier as was in the middle of numerous things. Thanks again to those who posted a response. Didnt like the sound of all that registry stuff tho. Scares the crap outta me!!