1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ONE program for all?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by RobTaylor, Nov 13, 2003.

1. RobTaylor

RobTaylor Member

hi, i'm a newbie. i have a digital video camcorder and would like to put the video on a disc. i have researched this board quite a bit and can't find any SOLID advice/answers.
    i will be getting a dvd burner and want to know if there is a software package that can take this avi file (i have one i extracted from the digital tape using VIDEO STUDIO, which came with the camera, it is 16 meg for 30 mins) and burn it to disc/dvd. i have tried to view this avi file in windows media and it won't go. i am confused with all these codecs and such and just want life to be simple :). i have researched roxio and nero. but some of u say this sux and that sux. all i need is a SIMPLE, user friendly program that will do what i want it to do, without problems and stress.
    if someone can give me some SIMPLE steps as to what i need to do, and what software can do it ALL for me, this would be greatly appreciated.
    i work for the city and make pre-construction and post-construction vids of proposed work around the city.

thank u very much :)

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Technically Nero should do the trick for ya.. I find that it offers a really varying experience from user to user though so give it a shot, it might work really well for ya :)

3. RobTaylor

RobTaylor Member

thanks for the reply praetor. i have gathered some info from this board and have decided to forget the dvd burner and just burn my vids to vcd. this way anyone with a cd player in their pc can view the vids.
    i am looking at this program: http://roxio.com/en/products/ecdc/index.jhtml

any thoughts on the above software?

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. I dont even have to click on the link to suggest that you not give it a try. Roxio IMHO is POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

2. Go for SVCDs - much more quality, virtualy the same compatibility

3. Nero should do the trick ya dude and is much better IMO than any Roxio product. :)