1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ongoing problems with my Samsung 72

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jacksonf4, Dec 24, 2007.

1. jacksonf4

jacksonf4 Member

So I got the Samsung HL-T7288 on 11/5/07. The picture quality was perfect. However, I noticed on dark scenes and on power up, there was a small light colored blob.

Trip 1: One tech came out a replaced the light engine, but that didn't fix the problem.

Trip 2: Another guy came out and took out the light engine and used a magic marker to color a metal piece thinking it may be causing the problem. Then, we found that the light below power button was reflecting off the screen (design flaw). We turned off the light, and that problem went away. Then I saw that images had a "bubble" effect. Horizontal lines curved downward in the middle of the screen. Images were blurred in the upper left and right corners of the screen. I created another service request, and they sent the same guy.

Trip 3: He says he put some gaskets near some of the mirrors and this straightened the image out. Unfortunately, my fiancee was home at the time and I was at work. He says the picture isn't perfect, but it is under spec (he kept repeating that). I got home and say the picture and was furious. It is slightly better, but it is not what it was.

I was thinking of getting a service manual and trying to fix this myself. Does anyone know what the problem may be? I think it is something the way he re-installed the light engine. I'm about to call up Samsung and scream at them. I didn't shell out this kind of $$$ for a sh**ty picture. Any ideas?

Pictures:

Upper right corner:
    [​IMG]

Upper left corner:
    [​IMG]

Upper left:
    [​IMG]

Lower right, the last line disappears:
    [​IMG]

Crosshatch pattern, upper right:
    [​IMG]

Crosshatch, upper left:
    [​IMG]

2. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Man, I would of taken that thing right back to the store!