1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onkyo TX-SR575

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by banshee07, May 27, 2007.

1. banshee07

banshee07 Member

2. gotpitino

gotpitino Member

Go with the 605.

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Banshee07 ... Onkyo makes a good product and this seems to be no exception. If you use a turntable or tape player, check the inputs; some onkyo's don't have phono, tape or aux inputs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  4. banshee07

banshee07 Member

i actually got the 605. and love it so far. but have one ? The ps3 is hooked up through hdmi and on the receiver the only listening modes are pcm multichan and pcm multi chan direct. the multichan is the only listening mode that uses the audessy eq. is that what i would want to use? does it only see pcm becuase of the hdmi ?

5. gotpitino

gotpitino Member

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what you want to use. Maybe somebody on the forum that actually has a PS3 and uses it for BD movies could help you with this. PCM is lossless audio which is what you want. Does it say this with Blu-ray movies? If so, go to the Blu-ray section of this forum and ask your question. This is also a great place to find out info about HD topics such as Blu-ray, PS3, HD DVD, your receiver, etc.

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/

6. banshee07

banshee07 Member

its on all blu ray and games. but if thats what i want then im all for it it does sound great but i see that this receiver decodes tru-hd but i think it is only if the disk supports it. Thanks for the reply.