1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Petition - PS2Ownz

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by shangrula, Feb 20, 2005.

1. shangrula

shangrula Guest

hi, first off I am sorry for spamming this. I do not intend to annoy anyone with this apart from ps2ownz.

I've made an online petition, it may not have any effect but i hope it can. Please sign this petition to show your feelings towards PS2Ownz monopoly on a market that shouldn't even exist.

PLEASE go and at lest have a read...

http://www.petitiononline.com/PS2BanZ/petition.html

All signatures are warmly welcome.

MASS SPAMMING OF PS2OWNZ when it gets a lot of signs, if it does :) (it better! :))

Thanks for your time.

2. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

sorry for the double signature

3. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

interesting, if you explain to me what they are doing wrong, i would GLADLY sign it.

Peace,

Pop Smith

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I have seen numerous petitions against PS2ownz and they have all failed.It seems to me like they are a waste of time.They have stolen some work from some people and claimed it was their work which started some petitions not that long ago.It didn't get very far,and PS2ownz still claims property of the work they have stolen.To be honest a petition doesn't get far is what I am trying to say,plus I don't see how it will effect them.As for PS2ownz don't worry about it you aint missing anything man.They normally erase all of their forums and some of the so called tools they have can be found on alot better sites which are alot more organized.All I can say is forget about PS2ownz and don't worry about the little kids that like to ban people for nonesense rules or just for the hell of it.I also think they are going a little too far with their site,which is pretty sad to be honest too much time for the little kids.Anyways it will do you no good to make a petition I have seen it done before which didn't get anywhere sorry man.Just like Pop_Smith said also you have to have a really good reason to start a petition for it to get anywhere.

5. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

L-burna, I can definitely see where you're coming from. But it's because of those types of comments that cause problems to never be resolved and gives corporations the right do to as they please. I may seem like I'm being drastic but it's the little things like this that stall progress. When one person says it's useless then hundreds of others will follow suit. And a petition actually does help. If it evens gets one person to see what kind of site ps2ownz is then it made a difference. In saying that a petition doesn't solve anything, all you are doing is supporting the enemy by repressing the victims.

6. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Hi Shangrula, Im the guy who bought the gamecube Mini Dvd-rs off you on ebay! Small world... Anyway I'll sign the petition I think its a worthy cause :)

7. tempest9

tempest9 Member

shangrula
    I am in, but who does the petition go to in the end?
    I posted on another site that we should all email the companys that support PS2CLownz and tell them they will no longer get our biz bc of their association with those CLownz. One of the CLownz' sticky's has a company list. I will post later (can't now bc my work IP has been BANNED!)

8. mickK

mickK Regular member

so it sounds like you guys are trying to take down the only good PS2 mod site on the net. realgood. screw your pittyful petition.

9. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

hmmm...50 signatures and 1 against. you're outnumbered mickk. go hang out with the losers at ps2ownz where you belong.

10. molton

molton Member

I think it's the fact that ps2ownz is practically the only site with links to the software and documentation that should've came with this chip in the first place, and the fact that ps2ownz is so restrictive that really pisses me off.

11. mickK

mickK Regular member

thats true but name me another decent ps2 modding or ps2 backup website. that may be the problem

12. Artlover

Artlover Member

Google search. I've found everything I've needed for my PS2 including every piece of software PS2sucks has stolen and hosts on their page. It's not that hard to get along without those jerks. You can even find undoctored installation pictures that arn't f--ked up with their tagging, which they have no business doing since the pics arn't theirs. But then, nothing on their site is their's, so it's not surprizing.

Besides, what good does it do to have any of this crap on their site when they don't allow anyone to be a user. Only people that can stay an active member long enough to download or post are their little butt buddies that bow to them and submit themselves for their pleasure.

The site is of absolutly no use or benifit to anyone that has atleast one working braincell.

13. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

I can name you a very good ps2 modding and backup site. You're in it right now. There's a lot more information here, the people have a better grasp of what's going on, and there are way way more ps2 threads here than there.

14. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Let's just make sure we're staying objective with comments towards ps2ownz. The last thing we need is a flame war between these two sites. Personally, I think it doens't matter how much information or resources they have if you cannot access them. To me, they come off like elitists.

15. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

Icemonkey, I totally agree, but he asked "tell me another good site" and I did, not that ps2ownz is "good" in the first place, but you know what I mean.

16. shangrula

shangrula Guest

hey everyone, sorry i've tkaen to long to reply, i've had the flu :( anyway...

pop_smith, sorry to not give a long answer but it's explained in the petition. in a nutshell, ps2ownz don't run their site like a community based discussion forum, and thats the ONLY way a forum should be. Members in there are dictated to rather than given the freedom of speech they deserve (in moderation). Take for exmample the anaconda release, mention that and you'll get banned...suspicious? read the petition :)

L-Burna I respect you, i've read your threads before and have been of high quality. However I have to disagree and go with gulliver here. One person really can make a difference. I have heard of at least 5 people who have sad they will not use ps2ownz again now. This is GREAT news to me, i've managed to highlite the problems with the site and shown people alternatives exist and are just as good, IF NOT BETTER than ps2ownz.

Signing this petition really make a differnece. If you went to it and only saw 1 signature you would think 'humm what a load of BS (possibly)' however if there are 50, 400, 3000+ signatures wouldn't it make you wonder why so many people wanted to sign it? It has already caused discussions all over the net (ok only on GC sites so far) about how ps2ownz operates,. it's given ever more people the bigger pictures of how they cash in on random bans and how they make a living off people like us.

indienemo - hiya nemo mate :) ey it is a small world, especially when you've got a stupid name like shangrula hehe. I hope the discs worked, they were not too hot for me but I sold some to a guy on www.digital-forums.com and they worked perfectly for him.

tempest9 - i'm working on a few things ;) will definatly reports back anything that happens (as well as pictures). My main goal was to hopefully just make people see what was wrong with the site for themselves. Any further outcome would be a bonus. If anyone has good ideas please tell me about them, I'm open to suggestion! :)

mickK & co. COME ON! ps2ownz is the best ps2 site? it really isnt. It may have loads of files nut so do a LOT of other great ps2 sites. yes I will admit, I used to be a regular there to get what I needed, however it's really not neseccary.

www.afterdawn.com, mwww.maxconsole.com, www.ps2-scene.org are all much better ps2 sites. ps2-scene you have to wait 5 days after registration to download attachments but if that's the case go and do it now, then you'll be fine in a week. They have a forum that seems just as extensive as ps2ownz.

As ps2ownz don't even own one single file that they've hosted do you not think it's a bit niieve to think that they are the only place with them on? you can do better than that site seriously...do you not cherish your freedom of speech and membership?

also a great point someone made out to me. www.ps2-scene.org have brought the rights to www.ps3ownz.com so in a year or so that whole thing's going to be an outdated load of trash anyway, better to get out now instead.

I hope that answers the questions. I'm sorry for not coming on here sooner, i've had the worse flu in years which screwed my head over (this is my excuse for not making cohierant posts :))

17. indienemo

indienemo Guest

No, I only managed to write one succesfully out of five! I hate those odds!....hmmm, Im gonna just do a lazer tweak then run full size dvd-rs i think...

18. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

shangrula i agree with you. forums are not supposed to restrain you from what you want to say. i was kicked from ps2ownz forums yesterday and i don't even know the reason! i just posted something about the anacoda release in this forums and the next thing i know is that i am kicked out of ps2ownz! well that's just fine with me because i don't want to be part of a stupid community where the admins search the whole of internet to find if you said the slightest thing disturbing to your sponsors..that's b........t and i'm happy they did kick me out. there are a bunch of other forums i'm member in(not just consoles) and the admins there are kind to hear what u WANT to say and not what your sponsors want to. if that's the way they want to operate it's their decission but in a year's time i don't thing that many people will be left chatting in their forums. that's just me..

19. shangrula

shangrula Guest

A statement has been put in the news section of ps2ownz.

(garbage, are they having a laugh?)

so a basic translation is:

Too many members are coming on here and talking about anaconda. Firstly we can't hack it as there are only two or three admin here becuase few of our members are bent enough to do the job. We put it in auto mode becuase so many people thought it was funny to talk about anaaconda here. What we need to highlite is that if we don't make any money from it then it's not going up. We decide what goes on a public forum not you. When we think we can make money out of something, or just have full control over it then we'll post it, if we don't then we'll ban you for doing it as we can't hack it. Anyone posting about anaconda and making people reliase they dont need a viper to play backups will be banned. If we start to loose money we might have to end up going offline, and then you'd all be gutted :\

They are also saying if anything new happens in the GC scene then they don't want to have it posted. They are dictating what people should read. These people must be on the biggest power trip of their lives, I just can't wait for everything to come crashing down around them. Oh wait, it already is...

20. mickK

mickK Regular member

all this anger shangrula? it just sound like all your doing is getting revenge on a good ps2 mod website cause they banned you for asking stupid questions. get a life i'm outta here