1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only Boxs Working in Ireland Hints and Tips - UPDATED

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by MICKAH, Jul 3, 2009.

1. ferdiam

ferdiam Member

anyone have any idea if a fix is due to be released for the eurovox max blue?

Thanks.

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I dont think they are gonna fix old boxs mate, same as SV1, 2, 3,

3. OBEONE

OBEONE Member

Have the starview 4 two weeks put today when i change channels a message comes up saying this is an invalid box then the channel comes on it first started when i put racing channel any one else with thisplease

4. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

mickah hope you can help me on this a mate has the box pvr with the harddrive inside can they be updated?, if so is it like the box usb, or do you do it with a null cable,
    thanks for reply in advance or any1 that can help.

5. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

if its the old starview one, no mate

6. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

thanks ill fid out 2morrow

7. jeff79

jeff79 Member

lads is there a fix for the digivox xl or is it just the usb

8. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

sorry just digivox xl usb

9. Hubabuba

Hubabuba Regular member

Nice one mickah, but some times it is quicker to ask the question, like i did this evening,I have'nt been reading up on the treads until this evening, I was laid low for awhile, and when i did get a reply it was not what I asked for, it would have been easier for them to tell me, rather than tell me to look at the treads, i found what i was looking for, after about two hours, I had to back to september 08, but yes i do agree with you, after all that.lol

10. gallad

gallad Guest

Currently using the starview PVR box (N*L MMDS) which seems to be almost obsolete at this stage so hoped that someone might recommended the best replacement.

As there are new cards been sent out by N*L at present, can anyone confirm that the replacement will work as expected ?

Thanks

11. DDTVMAN

DDTVMAN Member

12. DDTVMAN

DDTVMAN Member

Also have a DBOX PVR which after hours of research and reading gave up and bought a KRYPTVIEW - setup this morning and working well - would recommend same box - works well, has epg but no hard drive so cannot record - but am well pleased to have everything back – NTHell Dublin

13. cactikid

cactikid Active member

sometimes it is easier to have a dvd recorder or the old vcr lol as pvr boxes have never been great.

14. gallad

gallad Guest

Can you point me in the direction of where to get one ?

In dublin, are N*L using the new cards yet ? I want to ensure that my purchase will not be obsolete after a month when its switched on in my area... Also, do Kryptview support mmds ?

15. Liam50

Liam50 Member

16. DDTVMAN

DDTVMAN Member

You have to accept that there are no guarantees. A new box may stop working at any time, it all depends on what NTHell do. Try www.dvb-shop.co.uk – you should be able to get answers to all your technical questions from them

17. Hubabuba

Hubabuba Regular member

Hey guys, I put this on over the weekend, problem loading firmware, SG said, hold the switch at the back for 2 secs and then turn on,no joy, any other ideas before i throw it out the window,only joking.

Any help very welcome,problem is: "The downloading is not requested" come on the screen after pressing start button.
    Thanks in advance.

18. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

turn of the box at switch at the back, then press download on your (xp) laptop/computer then turn your box on by switch.try it a couple of times it is a matter of timing.
    ps:did you get my pm

19. red2010

red2010 Guest

Hi Box dudes in Ireland. Just to let you know that I got the nokia DBox 2 working in Ireland last night with all the channels back.

I don't know how long it will work for but it works a treat. YOu can buy them online from Germany in Ebay for 80 bucks.

I know how to flash them properly, but since no one has a clue how to get these working I might set up a flashing service for a fee.

Best of luck anyway.

20. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

mmm, think there is a thread on it already about flashing etc, Just on peeps adding to the thread about sellers, the ones I listed on the front page sell genuine goods, no clones, If any one adds a seller, do the checks firstly before ya part with the readies