1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Openelec media center

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bobduff, Aug 4, 2015.

1. bobduff

bobduff Member

A while back we got this little blue tv box from my missus dad. From the moment we got it I have struggled to get to grips with it. I have had very little success watching anything and wondered if maybe I would be better to format it and start from scratch if possible. Anytime I try loading an app from the favourites it just says loading but nothing seems to happen. It's a little blue box with an hdmi port, an ethernet port and couple of usb slots if that's any use. Any help would be much appreciated as it's just sitting gathering dust.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

3. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

Probably an android box, Here in the UK suppliers are selling the box with openelec installed, boots straight to kodi (no android apps) the people buying the boxes are not tech savvy so box came preloaded and you could contact the supplier if proxies had changed or the site was blocked and he would sort it from his end remotely, What I have found lately is that the suppliers have been busted and there equipment siezed (ie server) which would render your box useless, If this is the the case you would need to find the model of box and flash back to stock firmware and start over again, Theirs a lot of guides about installing Kodi/XBMC all over the the net, Good luck

4. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Too many people buying boxes blind. Read about any equipment before you purchase it to learn what it does, learn what it can do, also most importantly how to do it. Took me two weeks of solid reading about what I wanted and how to do it. Then maybe it's easier to help.

5. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

he was given the box off his wives father

6. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

True. My apologies. It was a late one.