1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

opening stuff problem...

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by duboy1, Jan 6, 2005.

1. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

Hello. I have a problem whenever i open a folder, my computer, internet explorer, and whatnot. Mostly everything is like this, just a few things here and there work... like winmx.. kazaa.. ares.. just stuff like that work. I scanned my computer with norton for viruses.. none came up.. i used adaware and spybot to search my comp to make sure nothing was there and i got all adware gone. Whenever i click one of the folders that didnt work.. the screen goes to show just the desktop wallpaper and then comes back and shows the icons. Does anyone know what is wrong. I am running XP right now.. sp1.

2. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

anyone please?

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

do an online scan with www.antivirus.com free housecall as have a customer with norton & all updates which didn't see 15 viruses avg7 found, he was not to pleased

4. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

Sorry, but that didnt work. Must be corrupt system files. I will just reformat the comp if you cant think of anything else. Thanks!

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try reloading windows on top of self to see if fix problem