1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

opensuse+asus router ????

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by Amebaid, May 3, 2007.

1. Amebaid

Amebaid Member

hey there now i'm surfing from windows and i'm not very happy

here is the problem from the start

when i first used linux i started with home network and i didn't face and troubles using the net on linux

but 2 days ago i purchaced a line with local isp and the programmer told me that he can't config the router on linux - no experience - so he did what he had to do on windows and my open suse is staying dead

i tryed to do some things but nothing happened

what can i do ?

i have opensuse 10.2
    asus router AAM6000EVZ1
    my connection info

thanks

2. loura

loura Member

OpenSUSE 10.2 Beta 1 Review

This review is not meant to contradict or supplant Susan Linton's typically excellent write-up of OpenSUSE 10.2 Beta 1. Indeed, I've read and watched with pleasure as Susan in particular, and Tuxmachines in general, have become must-reads when it comes to reviews of Linux Distros (as well Tuxmachines becoming a great all-around Linux/OSS news site). Susan has a great deal of expertise with distro installations/evaluations, and I particularly admire her balance and fairness—qualities that I often fail to apply. For example, I despise Microsoft so much as a company, I am utterly incapable of writing a fair and balanced review, of say, (a piece of crap like) MS Windows Vista.

I'm evaluating OpenSUSE as both a candidate for a high school classroom server role, as well as for a student computer classroom workstation role.

At the high school where I teach Web Page Design, Computer Programming, and Computer Literacy, it is Novell Netware Servers that provide our primary network services. This is also true in our school district's two middle schools, 6 elementary schools, the alternative school, as well as at the district office administration building. So, a Linux distribution that operates well as a Novell Netware client is essential.

However, the large majority of our workstations are Windows XP, so good MS Windows/Samba networking is also required.

Finally, I'm a confirmed KDE user. So, a distribution with strong, up-to-date KDE support is also helpful.

A system that dual-boots easily with Windows XP for student workstations is also necessary as the school district won't yet let me completely abandon using MS Windows in the classroom. [1]

For computer programming, I teach Ruby, Java, and C++. Under Linux, We'll use the KDE Kate editor for editing Ruby and Java programs. We'll use Kdevelop for C++ development. I also plan on my programmers using qtruby for GUI work in Ruby. I will teach the OpenOffice.org suite of programs in my Computer Literacy Class under both Linux and MS Windows environments.

loura
    Linuxera.com

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  3. Jannejt

Jannejt Moderator Staff Member

4. Amebaid

Amebaid Member

thanks guys but problem solved allready thanks again