1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Openthinclient Issue

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by shengoro, Mar 5, 2011.

1. shengoro

shengoro Member

Hi everyone, I recently installed Openthinclient on Virtualbox inside Windows 7 x64. Everytime I try to create a new realm i get a java eror when it tries to connect with the default user name and password. I get a null pointer error. the error is,,,

Communication with directory failed: javax.naming.NamingException: Cant get authentication information : java.lang.NullPointerException

Could this be caused by the fact that I have OpenJDK installed and not Oracles JDK?
    Thank you in advanced
    - James

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

yeah.. very probably

3. shengoro

shengoro Member

what would be the simplest way to cross over to the oracle jdk because from what i know, once you install the open jdk it can be a pain to cross over.

4. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

completely uninstall the open jdk .. then install the "official" one from scratch using whatever instructions for your linux version .. might still not work tho.. because running anything in a virtual environment is touch and go.

5. shengoro

shengoro Member

I migrated to SunJDK and it is still not working. It sucks that openthinclient hasnt responded to my emails yet. Thank you for your help.

- James