1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions on Xbox modding

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Oner, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Hello everyone, I have a question that I would like to get CLEAN honest opinions on (no single liner replies of that mod sucks etc....). I have an opportunity to either

a) Buy a NEW unmodded Xbox (with an extended warranty) and then use the exploit with the Phantasy Star Online USB adapter, thumb drive and Mech Assualt to use/get EVO X on it

b) Buy a Pre-Mod Xbox with a (insert brand name here) modchip.

What do you have to say on this? I would like to hear all the advantages/disadvantages of either mod, but remember that the Xbox without a modchip in it I would not be voiding a warranty and its extension.

2. scottas

scottas Guest

I personally would go with a modchip, the new X3 is the newest and best. Very easy to flash bios with it's onscreen/ftp abilities. I don't like the exploits for the reason of errors. Very hard to recover from. With a modchip you can disable and go on live, or use tunneling to play backups. Plus if an error occurs a boot disk will allow you to ftp to fix problems. I haven't done too many exploits, but the ones I have done worked okay, but pale in comparison to the ease of a modchip.

3. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

If i had those choices i would go with the premodded xbox with a xenium ice or xecuter 3.
    As scottas said a exploit is very hard to recover from and if you had the one with a modchip you should get a warrenty from where you bought it.

It much easier to do things with a modchip than a exploit.
    If you want to go on live then a modchip is what you need as you cant go online with a exploit.

Alos with the new modchips like xecuter 3 they have there own os system so you can do alot more with your xbox.

Hope this helps you in choosing your mod.