1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

opinions wanted - and facts - about the different boxes.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by kidhugs, Jul 18, 2012.

1. kidhugs

kidhugs Member

So - I have an openbox S11 and, although it DOES do the job, it also seems a little on the rinky dink side... and it seems to be not very user-friendly.
    I DO realise that it appears to be the cheapest one that will actually do the job of replacing my Skybox and, of course, thanks to helpful folks around the 'net will actually do "more for less" than my sky box.... but I wonder what the difference is between it and, say, a "bladebox" or any other available alternative.
    Mostly I want to be able to watch and record and timed-record the UK Sky Channels... but I also want to be able to whittle down the seeming hundreds of channels to just those that we actually watch and on the S11, that appears to be almost impossible.
    It would be great if there's such a box that can be accessed through my O!Play media box via it's UPnP network.. and an even bigger plus if it can/will get signals from US satellites for US sports.
    In short, I'm trying to figure out what the differences are between a basic S-11 and some of the more expensive boxes.
    Anyone have an opinion?.. and/or data?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  2. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Unless you are in the US forget about receiving any sort of signal from there. You simply cannot.

3. kidhugs

kidhugs Member

OK - well that wasn't really the priority anyway - but I'd still appreciate a comparison/review of the other "brands and types" of satellite boxes, if anyone has any experience.

4. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

There are many posts on here reviewing and describing what each box is capable of and also a few threads on comparisons between boxes mate sorry. Have a look at 'Which box is best' or similar in the search box.