1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optional alternative color schemes?

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by anubis66, Aug 17, 2006.

1. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

well i was thinking about this idea for the folks here at aD. maybe, just like in our profiles, there could be different selectable color schemes for the site. maybe like an icy blue scheme, and orange one, green, red, purple, you name it. of course there should only be like 3-5 choices. ice blue with that macintosh osx loading bar blue would be wonderful. not that i have anything against the current one, cuz its nice, but just thinking i should state my ideas to you guys.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

As one of the greatest enterpreuners of the history put it:

"The Customer Can Have Any Color He Wants So Long As It's Black". -- Henry Ford

3. teemu

teemu Member

@ anubis66: I like the idea, though this is not the first time this has been brought up. It is possible we'll be implementing someting like that in future when we are updating aD layout. No specific date cannot be said at this time though as these new layout changes are not even on the drawing board yet.

4. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

yeah, i didnt figure it would be any time soon if any. just my two cents on what i like and getting it out there, aswell as seeing how others feels. i guess me and dRD differ on our feeling of cosmetics too much for me to now think such an idea would make it through. :p

i dont want you guys to think i hate the way you're running the place, i love the site and how it is now. i've visit and post every day, and the community is nice. i just like to be one to submit my ideas and make a difference somewhere. maybe in time.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Sorry, the humor tags weren't around my post :) But yes, we value all the feedback we get, even when we reply with tongue-in-cheek comments at times (its been a bad week, apologies :). As Teemu said, we'll look into this "skin" or "color scheme" option in next major layout change, probably due in late 2007.