1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

optorite 1205 problems now...

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by OptoPrime, Sep 11, 2004.

1. OptoPrime

OptoPrime Member

I've looked online for similar problems, and though ive found them, there has not been a supplied answer, except at one site called expert exchange or something, but you have to pay for that.

The problem is, somehow or another, my 1205 dvd drive will no longer recognize dvds? I was playing them last night, and then today, it wont recognize them. It plays cd's and cd-rs fine, but not dvd's. don't ask me what i did, cause i really didnt do anything except load some software or what nott.

If anyone has any suggestions/answers i would appreciate it a bunch, seeing as ive had this thing for 2 days now with nothing but problems.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It may help to uninstall the drive through Device Manager. Try these steps:

Go to Device Manager >

Expand the tree for DVD/CD ROM Drives >

Find the drive in question, right click it and go to Properties >

Under the Driver tab, select Uninstall then OK.

Now reboot and Windows should detect and reinstall the drive.

If this doesn't help try the same steps as above except expand the tree for IDE ATA/ATA Controllers and uninstall either the Primary or Secondary controller depending on which one the drive in question is attatched to. Nero Info Tool can tell you which chain the drive is on under the Configuration tab.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/nero_info_tool.cfm

Let us know if this helps :)