1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

optorite dvd

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by babsy, Aug 12, 2003.

1. babsy

babsy Guest

hi this is my first time i have a optorite dvd + and - DD0203 no problems copying cds my problem is when i put a blank dvd into drive, windows media player opens up as if their is a cd in the drive, i have tried at least 6 different types of disc 2x and 4x same problem any ideas i would be grateful if anyone could help me thank babsy

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Well, what is it you are trying to do? Putting a blank disc in a drive has no real purpose to it unless you are using software to do something to the disc.

3. babsy

babsy Guest

as soon as i put blank dvd into drive it says there is a cd in it and windows media player try`s to open it ,i hav`nt even started to open any software programme but when i do it won`t work because dvd drive thinks it has a cd in it

4. Whoosh

Whoosh Guest

Disabling the autoplay might help...

Assuming you're using Windows, open My Computer, right-click on your DVD drive letter, choose properties.

Click the AutoPlay tab, choose "Music CD" or "DVD Movie" from the pull-down menu. Under Actions - Select an action to perform, choose "Take no action".

5. babsy

babsy Guest

thanks for that tried all that happen`s is the volume box says the disc is full when i know it is a blank disc

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

U got your ASPI layers installed?

7. babsy

babsy Guest

i don`t know what ASPI layers are any help please