1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

orange light of death

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by rtrg, Sep 29, 2015.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Please move as needed. I NEED help with this. I bought 2 used mobos from a reputable ebay seller I have used in the past. One bears the part number 4H665. the other 0f067. From a DIMENSION 8100 and an OPTIPLEX GX400. Only difference is on board audio. On the 400. Both use an APG card for video.
    I need help in bench testing the boards. Both exhibit the same issue, the dreaded "ORANGE LIGHT OF DEATH" in this case a solid light with an ocassional BLINK of the hdd GREEN light. A search of this issue reveals no useful info. The issue exists from minimal connections, that is FAN, VIDEO CARD. PSU ONLY to complete assembly, hhd ect.
    Please send me complete test procedures and a solution. My intention is to assemble 2 complete desktops out of these boards and parts from my large pile. I have APG cards of various models, nic cards, audio cards, ect. All from these two model mobos. Any help welcome.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member