1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Order MP3 files are played on CD

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Jerome283, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Jerome283

Jerome283 Member

I am a complete novice in creating audio CDs which is why I may be asking basic questions. Here goes.

I am burning some MP3 files to a CD. Because these are parts of a series of lectures - each lecture made up of 6 MP3 files, the order they follow each other in playback is important. What determines the order of play (that is which burned MP3 file follows the other)? Is it the alphabetical sort name order of the MP3 files, date of file creation, order of burning, etc.?

Can one use separate folders in a MP3 CD (one for each 6 MP3 files making up each lecture)? Will that work on a CD player that can play MP3 files but is not attached to a PC?

I've tried to combine several MP3 files into one file, but do not know how to do it, or do not have the tools to do it with. I do own Nero 6, Windows Media Player, and also downloaded CDex.

Any help apreciated.

2. SkyRocker

SkyRocker Member

This might be a little late, but I burn mp3 cd's for my car stereo and I use folders. Whether or not your cp player can see folders is dependant on the player. I listen to audio books on my way to/from work (30 miles bumper to bumper each way) and what I do to make sure that the files are in order si to rename them. Say if they're "chapter 1", "chapter 2", "chapter 3" etc and I'm not sure they'll go on the cd in the right order I'd rename them to "1-chapter 1" "2-chapter 2", "3-chapter 3" and add them to the compilation in the right order.

3. Jerome283

Jerome283 Member

Thank you. That is what I did too. My car CD player can see folders so it all worked out fine. Thanks. Great minds think alike!