1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Order of things

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by skun999, Mar 11, 2005.

1. skun999

skun999 Member

I just got a new memorex external all format dual layer burner with the nero suite (including Recode 2, back it up, and all the other nero products). I downloaded the latest dvd decrypter. I know many have probably asked this question a million times, but if i have a dvd that is around 8 gb is size, what order of things do i do it in. I read that i have to do decrypter, recode, then decrypter to burn. Is this right? If so, what is the point of the nero buring software if i can just use decrypter. Thanks

2. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

Unless you are burning with DL media you need to shrink it to fit on a 4.7 dvd. You should download dvd shrink, its free. When using shrink it burns with nero. Unless recode can, I havent used it so I dont know.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  3. wild77

wild77 Guest

Try ripping with Decrypter in File Mode to your hard drive The use Recode2 to compress and burn.No need for Decrypter to burn.Take some time and read some of the guides.

4. wild77

wild77 Guest

5. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Good call, wild77. If your version of nero doesn't come with a burning rom, then you may want to use decrytper to burn.

6. skun999

skun999 Member

Thanks for the help guys, i try dycrypting, then recode for shrinking and burning. I don't think my nero suite comes with the burning rom, but i think you guys are right. Otherwise ill try shrink and dycrypter as stated in the guides.