1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original Sin... Too large to burn?!?!

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by daknotty, Oct 4, 2003.

1. daknotty

daknotty Guest

This may have been answered before But I could not find the answer...
    I have backed up over 50 movies successfully
    using DVD Decrypter (3.1.6)...
    DVD2One (130)... And Nero (6.0).
    But this time for some reason I get an error msg. in Nero that file is too large to burn??
    I repeated the process twice more same results??
    Then I backed up DreamCatcher and that burned sucessfully.. Can someone tell me what may be wrong???
    Thanks

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

What size is the folder you are trying to burn?

3. daknotty

daknotty Guest

The folder is 5.16 GB. This is after compression with DVD2One...
    I know that this size folder is too large to burn, but why is it too large after DVD2one?
    I thought it compresses to fit one DVD??
    Are there any settings that I can change to get it to fit this movie?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2003
  4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

DVD2One has a setting where you can change the output size to a size of your choosing. I think it defaults around 4400MB, but obviously that has changed. When you are going through the process it will be an option. User defined i think its called.

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

DVD2One is default at filesize output of 4472mb , which will burn fine.

It's either 1st or 2nd screen in that you can change 44XXmb setting (as Oriphus quite rightly stated), depending on what version of DVD2One you have.

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Nero can sometimes produce error messages that will result in the DVD still working in a Standalone. In fact, it quite frequently produces a cannot finalise error for me, but works a gem still. This is because, all that the DVD player really needs is a VIDEO_TS.IFO navigation file to allow it to play. If this works, it will play and by the time you get to the part where it generated an error at the burn, it will be credits anyway :D

7. daknotty

daknotty Guest

OK... First of all thanks you guys.
    But no matter what I do I can't get the folder any smaller than 5.1GB after using DVD2One... This has never happened with any other movie??? It's really baffling... It's now become a challange to find out why?? Wondering why DVD2One won't automatically compress to fit?? And this is a 2002 Movie..
    Also, there is no option in Nero to burn beyond the "File Too Large" msg.
    Any one know why this is happening and how to defeat it??

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Have you tried the freeware DVD Shrink program? Try using it and see if it will allow you to generate an output that will fit.

9. daknotty

daknotty Guest

Yep... Movie burned excellently with DVD Shrink... Still curious about DVD2One on this issue??? I really like the program. Guess I'll just have to Use DVD Shrink if this prob happens again... But if you learn anything about the DVD2One compression issue, please post.
    Thanks again.

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Will do....

11. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

When I tried to back up I-Spy that kept coming up at over the required size everytime I tried to knock it down to 4472. In the end I chose 4452 and it fitted perfectly.

I used to have a really slow system that would mean that the DVD2One process took about 70mins! Now I have upgraded the cpu and motherboard and this process only takes 15 mins, so when a get a diffcult DVD I jusr try various different outputs.

12. Excal

Excal Guest

Whenever this happens to me I just use DVD2One a second time and it generally gets the movie down to the right size. It might take two tries but it always works...

13. daknotty

daknotty Guest

Nope... Still not fitting.
    I have already tried adjusting the output size to many different sizes... I even just set it to
    4452 as sugested by SabreLord, hoping that this would be the magic number, but still doesn't fit. Whew!!! I'm one that doesn't give up easily, so I've been trying over & over & over.
    But this one has me dazed...
    So far Original Sin is the only Movie to do this... WHYYY????

14. daknotty

daknotty Guest

Hmmm... I just compressed "Original Sin" with DVD2One123 instead of 130 and it worked!!! Maybe there are some bugs in DVD2One (130)... It's been working fine though with other Movies including the join feature which is real cool... Anyway, thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.

15. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Thats strange on 1.30. report the bug to DVD2One and hopefully they will create a patch.

16. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

I am still using DVD2One 113. I only use 1.30 when I want to join two together like Godfather 2.

113 has proven to be flawless for me.

17. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, i use 1.30 and 1.13 but its not a decision i make mentally. there are two icons on the screen. I just pick them at randon :-D

18. Nullgrad

Nullgrad Guest

I had a problem with 1 DVD - it appeared to put a "ghost file" which only appears when you try to burn the DVD and tells you there isn't enough space on the DVD.

19. daknotty

daknotty Guest

Ghost file huh?
    Hmmm... Seems like what I had.
    In DVD2one 130 there were 6 VOB files.
    Then when I successfuly used DVD2one 123 there were only 5 VOB files....
    Thanks for the info Nullgrad.

20. Nullgrad

Nullgrad Guest

I've been trying out DVD Shrink3Beta and I find that when the encoding reaches 100% it deletes the entire file and starts again.....this could be a bug in the program as it's only Beta....has anyone had this problem....