1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original Sin... Too large to burn?!?!

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by daknotty, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Whcih beta version as this is not the case with Beta 5 that i am using. Could it be that you have selected deep analysis and it is merely going through the analysis stage (take 25mins) and not the encoding stage and you only think it is going back to the start? Why not let it do it twice and you should have the full movie :-D

2. Nullgrad

Nullgrad Guest

Thats something for me to think about - I'm fairly new to this - cheers

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I would guess that it would be the fact that its going through the deep analysis mode first. You can deselect this just after you click on back-up.

4. Nullgrad

Nullgrad Guest

Yes that was the problem I had set it to do a deep scan......I unchecked the box and it just did a normal 1 pass. I'm using DVDShrink Version 3 Beta 5 as well - it is worth trying it out as it reduces the amount of files you have to put on your hard drive and it's also a free program too.......back onto the subject of the "ghost file" a simple solution would be to use "user defined" setting on DVD2One and deduct the size of the extra file that was showing..this solved the problem for me.......it's only happened with one DVD so far.......

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, its a funny one that - i have never come across a problem with it.

On a point about Deep Analysis, you should use it whenever you are compressing video at over 10% to obtain the highest quality possible. You will notice a difference with it when used. It produces a better picture for sure, but i suppose you have to sacrifice an extra 25mins in doing so.