1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original XBox Controller port not working

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by msakey, May 24, 2006.

1. msakey

msakey Member

Hey y'all,

Port 2 is no longer being recognized by my XBox. I've tried swapping controllers, no change. The system is unmodded, but I do share it with a buddy, so it's been moved back and forth a lot, and I'm wondering if maybe something just came loose.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Yeah it does happen sometimes..try cleaning the contacts both on the controller plug and in the socket on the front..Otherwise it can be a bad connection inside the plug that connects the ports to the mainboard inside....failing that it's a broken track or an unusual usb hub fault

3. msakey

msakey Member

Is it easy enough to just open up the box and check the connections, maybe see if I need to solder something?

And if it's a broken track or an unusual USB hub fault, is there anything I can do?

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Ya..a broken track will be pretty obvious, they are usually burnt and crispy.. but I think it's more likely to be in the socket..try changing 1&2 for 3&4 to test the theory..