1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original XBOX os

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by marco678, Feb 27, 2005.

1. marco678

marco678 Member

When I got my xbox I modded it straight away and installed XBMC. This is about all I ran with it.

Now I want to use it as a dvd player but xbmc has poor support. Someone advised that you can use the original xbox dashboard to play dvds. I have the MS Remote. Problem is I have stuffed the original dashboard. I copied these files somewhere but have since lost them.

I can get a copy from my mate. What I need to know is it critical I get the same dashboard version that i originaly had?

2. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

As far as I know any version should work. If you are only installing the original MS dash for DVD playback, you may be instead interested in downloading a dvd playback app. besides xbmc. I forget the name of the one I use, its been a while since I have used it, but it works with the MS remote, and you wont have to switch between dashboards.

3. marco678

marco678 Member

I have dvd-x or dvdx2 running but I thought that couldn't work with the remote. I'll try it tonight.

Otherwise if you could think of the app you used that would be great.

Cheers.