1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OS fails to boot

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by vlad95, Jan 1, 2008.

1. vlad95

vlad95 Member

hey everyone my problem is, my xp pro system is not booting up all the way. everything starts out like normal, but when the windows xp screen comes up and it trys to boot the os it just sits there trying to load then after about 4 minutes it restarts and trys again. can anyone give me a sugestion? also i cleaned the mobo and conections, reset the cmos, witch seemed to speed up the startup a bit. i have the os disc but i am unsure as how to repair windows with it, i dont know the comand prompts, someone told me it could be viral and the boot secter could be infected. any help would be great.
    vlad

2. jony218

jony218 Guest

download the demo of "paragon justboot corrector" and burn that iso onto a cd, now use the bootcd to bootup your computer. This program will analyze your non-booting hard drive registry.

You need to check your system drive letter, make sure it's c: drive(or whatever it was when you installed windows). If for some reason it got changed to a different letter it will cause the problem you describe.

What you describe sounds like windows xp can't find the next startup files, that's why it's hanging. I would verify the drive letters first than troubleshoot other problems.

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/downloads/JustBoot_Boot_Corrector_38938_p/

3. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

You could try the Windows Repair Console.
    You will need an XP installation disk to do this.
    Put your XP disk into your CD drive and restart your system. This will start the XP installation process. When you come to the screen that asks if you want to install XP or if you would like to “Repair” XP, choose Repair. This will open the repair console command prompt. At the prompt, type: chkdsk /r. (There is a space between the k and the /. Now hit “Enter”. The repair should now start. Allow it to run until it stops. This can take some time, so be patient.

If all goes well, XP will replace any and all missing operating system files.