1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

os x on notebook pc?

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by {TKO}, Jan 14, 2007.

1. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

i have an acer travelmate 2420. Intel Celeron M 1.5Ghz. i was wondering if i can run OS X on it. if so, another question. it's set up so that the HD is split in 2. one for back up purposes. my question is, if i create the restore CDs, run OS X, and later decide to restore the notebook to factory default, will the restore disks partition the HD properly so it has the 2 drives again? thanx in advance for the help.

2. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

no the hard drive cannot be split in two

yes you can run os x on a pc with

osx86 look for it in torrents

3. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

Just wanna make sure.... Can't be split in two, when trying to restore after running OS X?

4. Karma50

Karma50 Member

Partitioning makes the computer see two separate HDs. If you backup one partition you can later restore that partition. But what happens on one partition doesn't carry over to the other partition.

So you cannot backup two partitions of a single hard drive then reformat the HD and expect the backup software to partition the drive again. You would have to partition the drive then restore each partition separately.

5. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

Since I created the restore discs from the PC, as long as I partition the HD, then restore the notebook, the restore discs will place the appropriate software on each partition? right?