1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of sync audio. Why? How to fix?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by RahXephon, May 12, 2004.

1. RahXephon

RahXephon Guest

Here's my issue, and quite a frustrating one at that -- ANY help would be tremendously appreciated.

I have some OGM files I want to convert to DVD compliant MPEG 2 - I'd like to get at least five (5) 23 minute shows on DVD-R. These are OGM Xvid/DivX files with OGG audio.

I used VirtualDubMod to demux/extract the audio, then used Roxio Sound Editor to save the resultant OGG audio as an mp3 file (because "Direct Stream Copy" does not recognize/interleave OGG when converting to AVI) - then used VirtualDubMod to "Add" my audio file back to the stream list as an mp3, and converted the OGM to AVI. The result is a really excellent quality AVI that's in perfect audio sync when played on any PC player.

Now the problem: when using TMPGEnc to convert to a DVD compatible MPEG using this guide: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm -- the resultant MPEG file is a great looking one, but the audio is completely out of sync. I don't get it, when the file went "in" to be converted, it was in sync - should it not come "out" the same way?

2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

you must decompress the audio to wav using vdub or what ever program suits you. tmpgenc doesnt recognise compressed audio properly.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

If using TMPGEnc, make sure you are using SSRC as external Sampling Frequency Convertor and tooLame as external MP2 encoder (can be changes in options - environmental setting under audio engine tab). It has a lot better support for audio and a lot higher quality!