1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of sync audio

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by ajsparky, Sep 5, 2004.

1. ajsparky

ajsparky Guest

Hi
    I have used a program to convert a region1 NTSC dvd to an avi file it plays as an avi file okay, but when i try to covert to a PAL dvd file with dvdSanta the audio gets out of sync with the video on replay,
    I have tried all different settings but even if i get the sync right it only lasts for a few seconds.
    When i use dvdSanta to convert the same avi file to a NTSC dvd file it replays okay with the sync spot on.
    Is their anyway i could get the sync right when converting to the PAL format?
    any help would be appreciated.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Most Programs can not Properly convert NTSC/Pal..You will end up with Artifacts and Sync problems...
    There is Only one Program that I know of that will Convert NTSC/Pal in a Half Decent way and that is "Canopus Procoder" ......

DVDSanta is a total Mickey Mouse Program and is generally only used by those who do not know any better....

3. ajsparky

ajsparky Guest

Your quite right Minion i don't know any better than to use dvdSanta as i am totally new to dvd copying etc.
    Is their any other programs that may require more input to achive the desired results as the Full program you mentioned is to expensive for me,would the express version of it do the trick ? i am always prepared to learn and any help and advice you can give will be greatly appreciated.
    Please remember that we all have to start somewhere

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2004
  4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes the express version will work just as well....
    Also most High end Video editing programs are pretty good at converting Pal to NTSC, Like Premier or Vegas Video....

I actually Just spent the last 2 hours writeing down instructions for someone on how to properly convert a Pal DVD to NTSC but it is Different that converting NTSC to Pal but simular....