1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

out of sync video using CloneDVD mobile

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by flance, Jul 23, 2009.

1. flance

flance Member

Hello to all,

It has been a long time since I needed info, but I am back with a problem that is probably an easy fix and I may be making more complicated than it needs to be:

Movies are perfect in DVD, (ripped and shrinked) the software (CloneDVD mobile)converts to .avi to zen. Sync done with either the Zen software or Windows Media player. The entire process is automatic for CloneDVD, just choose the player and the movie gets converted to the .avi format.

Half way through the movie the lips don't match the sound, or the sound effects happen after the action has been done.

I have played the film in my laptop and it is perfect (same file downloaded to Zen 4Gb).

I know there are threads on this, but I can't seem to find the solution to this.

It is driving me nuts because we are going on a very long trip and the kids wanted their movies on their players and I have been searching the web for 2 days looking for a quick answer.

Just about everyone on this forum is a genious and you all know everything that is to know about every piece of software and how to work it to perfection.

That being said, please think of you having to explain the process in simple terms. I have been out of the loop in the tech world for a very long time.

Thank you in advance.

PEACE

2. davexnet

davexnet Active member

This forum is for user selected guides. ie. you have some
    method you'd like to share with the forum.

I've helped my son with files for his Zen,
    we did it in Virtualdub. In general, if any movies loses
    synch at the half way point, it's usually because it was originally
    2 pieces and it goes out of synch at the place it was joined.

Usually it can be fixed by splitting the file at the point it goes out
    and aligning the audio in part2 manually.