1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outcome file larger than Input

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by conair, Dec 30, 2005.

1. conair

conair Member

Hello and happy New Year to All!!!!!!
    I’m using DVDDecrypter+DVDRebuilder v.1.04+CCS SP v.2.7 to backup my DVDs. Yesterday I did “Herbie” (movie only no compression) and I noticed that the outcome file size was larger than the input.
    Original movie size without audio3449mb, backup movie size without audio3569mb.
    What happened???? Where did those extra 120mb come from????
    Thanks for any answers.

2. L8ter

L8ter Guest

interesting, first there have been rare problems w/ movie only settings that have been addressed, especially in the last two releases of rebuilder!

why have you not updated??? current version is 1.05.2!

secondly once when I made a template for cce(same version as you)for use w/ avi2dvd
    I was getting sizing issue's and actually getting larger files than I had inserting seemed it was set to c.b.r.! even though I deleted the template it was still calling for these settings by default!
    I don't know if this is your cause but let me know!

I would definately update to current version though!

3. conair

conair Member

Thanks for trying to help me.
    a. I haven’t touched any of the settings except the .ini file (CCETargetSectors=2265000 max_bitrate=9000.
    b. CCE Template settings (standart)is selected.
    c. I always wait a while to before I update to see if there are any issues with the new version, and I felt very comfortable with v.1.04
    d. After going thru settings one more time I saw that instead of selecting the (No Compression 100% video), the (CCE mode was selected). But that shouldn’t be an issue, what do You think??

Happy New Year!!!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005