1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outlook Express 6.0. Inbox.dbx is corrupt

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by janmarelsson, Jul 20, 2015.

1. janmarelsson

janmarelsson Newbie

I am using OE 6.0. Today when I opened my OE, my emails in inbox were gone. Inbox.dbx still shows its size 0.99Gb. I have tried a solution of copying all of my emails folder to some other location and then renaming my inbox.dbx to inbox.dbx.old and importing emails from the copied location. This didn't work. Please help me to comeout of this problem.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Did you look in the Deleted Items folder?

Did you try importing the folders (not copy) from the other locations?

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try a system restore to before this happened.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Another reason as to why you should do your email online.That said you may be in luck if you have set OE to leave a copy on the server,ideally you want to login to the online server with a browser otherwise you'll end up downloading all the emails you've had over the years

your isp may have copies since they would normally be required to hold them for a set amount of time

5. larrywaller

larrywaller Newbie

Follow these actions to get your corrupted info back:

1. Re-create your mail folder hierarchy by dragging folders into place in the Folder list. Note that any folder you have created to group sub-folders but that does not itself contain messages will not appear in the Folder list and so must be created again.

2. Re-download the list of newsgroups from each news account.

3. Reset your subscribed newsgroups and download messages again.

4. Reset synchronization options on IMAP and newsgroup folders.

5. Edit any message rule that moves or copies messages to folders other than the Inbox.

Much more info can be found and must be effective to get back .DBX fileā€¦

http://www.filerepairforum.com/foru...4-outlook-express-messages-corrupted-by-virus - unity of users, where discussing problems about OE data corruption

http://knowledgemanagement.ittoolbo...st-all-the-letters-there-is-no-backup-5614281 - similar issue, which might be helpful to you

https://outlookexpress.recoverytoolbox.com/ Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express - one of the solutions, which can recover .dbx files