1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Over 4 GB

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tracie28, Jan 1, 2005.

1. tracie28

tracie28 Guest

Hello. I'm really new to burning DVD's but have been able to burn some. I have a DRU 710a sony DL burner and I'm using Nero Vision 2 burning movies. My only question is some of my files are over 4 GB at which point Nero Visions asks me if I want to reduce quality to "long play" to make it fit. 3382 kbps. I was wondering will this make my quality really poor and if so is there an easy way to make them smaller ? I've tried using DVD decrypter and shrink with no success at all. The files are AVI files. Nero automatically converts them so I don't really want to convert them to MPEG 2 to shrink them. Is there something that would shrink an AVI file ?

2. tracie28

tracie28 Guest

any suggestions ? please :)

3. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

Why don't you try the option that NERO gives you to reduce the quality. It should only reduce it slightly and you may not even notice. If its not to your satisfaction then there may be other ways, but you might as well give it a try and see how it goes.

4. rosspod

rosspod Member

or you could always run dvd shrink to edit out things you don't need, like previews, credits, behind the scenes. foreign language subtitles and other audio tracks that your home set up isn't prepared to handle.

good luck.
    ross.