1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Over 400,000 forum posts

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brobear

brobear Guest

Time to move back away from the alcohol and other chemicals (though they may be fun); we're communicating among humans (at least I hope I am).

ddp,
    Not an actual bear, though the avatar and nick are a topic for joking with friends at times. Hannibal ate more people on tv than the griz. In the real world it is best to give a grizzly (ursus arctos horribilis) a wide berth. Glad they don't inhabit my neck of the woods. Not many of them left in the lower 48 and they're mostly west of the divide (Rockies) and in remote mountainous regions. They're on the endangered species list as well.

Soph,
    Yep, the brown coloration is a giveaway for a grizzly. Some people say brown bear instead of grizzly. Kodiaks are just a bigger variety of the brown-grizzly bear. They have a better diet than most bears and they can get up around 9 feet and 1500 pounds. I don't think I want one of those in any closed area with me. Those tranquilizers don't always do the best job of knocking those big critters out and I sure wouldn't want to be there when an angry giant bear wakes up.

2. brobear

brobear Guest

ddp
    18 ft griz? Musta been 2 big Kodiaks, one on the others shoulders. LOL That would have been more scifi than thriller.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2005
  3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

movie was in early to mid 70's as i lived in sutton across the lake from here. christapher george starred as a game warden out to get the bear & eventually kills it with a L.A.W. (Light Antitank Weapon).But height wise the polar is biggest

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  4. brobear

brobear Guest

ddp
    The average male polar bear is from about 900 to 1300 pounds. The big Kodiak bears get up to about 9ft and weigh from 800 to 1600 pounds. Some polar bears occasionally get to about 1700 pounds. So, it's according to whose specs you're looking at. The Kodiak bears and Polar bears are both huge and you have individual bears in each group larger than ones in the other. Take a big grizzly and feed him as well as the big Kodiaks and Polar Bears and you'll have another huge bear. Diet plays an important role in bear size along with heredity. The female polar bears got the short end of the stick, they're only about half the size of the males. I'm glad I don't have to put up with bears like that in my neighborhood. The black bears are enough.

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Oddly enough the Kodiac is much gentler than it's smaller cousin, the grizzly. A grizzly is just one bad tempered medium sized brown bear.

6. ddp

1 big bear, you, is good enough on this site

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I be leave'n, will mess with the bear on other threads.

8. brobear

brobear Guest

With the Kodiak, I wonder if the better nature could be from having a full stomach more often? A well fed bear is a happier bear. LOL

9. ddp

look at winnie the pooh, always content with honey

10. shandal

shandal Member

i cant burn forgotten or res.evi2 i keep hearing about vobblanker but whwere can i download it from/ also anydvd 4.5.5.1 where can iget these/ every time i search always come up with other stuff dont know what to do can someone help me please

11. ddp

in wrong forum, goto dvd for newbies

12. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ shandal

Next time post in the appropriate forum alrighty? This one is for forum news and announcements, not technical questions. The newest version of AnyDVD can be downloaded here:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/anydvd.cfm

If you require further assistance with your movies please post in our DVD-R For Newbies forum.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  13. brobear

brobear Guest

Nephilim is right and requests for assistance would more likely be noted in the Newbie section. To get a good product description you can also go to the website for the product. http://www.slysoft.com That version is currently up to about 4.5.6.2 now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2005
  14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

shandal

I just did a google search for Vobblanker (More precisely, vobblanker download) and guess what the very first result was?

Give it try and see.

15. brobear

brobear Guest

Seems a lot of people don't pay much attention to the search functions. It would actually be easier to run a search and go to the desired info. Makes you wonder what some people are doing.

16. ddp

brain dead???

17. brobear

brobear Guest

Too many herbs??? ;)

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Now, guys lets be kind.

19. ddp

not putting brain into action before mouth into motion

20. brobear

brobear Guest

Sophocles may have a point, AD a kinder more gentle place... And the madman runs hysterically into the dark...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.