1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OVER CLOCKING FX55

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by OKIE, Mar 22, 2007.

1. OKIE

OKIE Regular member

I HAVE AMD FX55 NOT SURE HOW TO BUMP UP THE CLOCK SPEED A LITTLE.
    IVE TRIED TWICE EACE TIME I HAD TO RESET MY CMOS TO GET IT TO POST,ANY HELP WOULD BE APP.THANKS.

2. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

WELL FIRST OF ALL YOU DON'T NEED TO TYPE ALL IN CAPS LIKE THIS_IF YOU TOOK ANY TIME AT ALL TO READ THE RULES YOU'D KNOW NOT TO DO THAT CRAP.

...Okay; anyways; my answer to your question would be to try raising the multiplier; because according to what i've heard; the amd fx cpu's don't have a locked multiplier; making it extremely easy to OC.

3. OKIE

OKIE Regular member

HALEN your right about the caps i wasnt paying attention not the the first time thats happen,anyway iam not to clear what you mean about the multiplier thanks for your reply.

4. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

in the bios it will say cpu multi and a number(200x?) to overclock that cpu you just up that number.

but, and heres the kicker, overclocking depends as much on your mobo as it does your cpu.

post a list of all your core componants (cpu, mobo, ram, psu, and gpu if you want any help overclocking that too) in the offical overclocking thread to get the best advice available.

@halen
    :) your picking this up fast :)

all fx and ee cpus are unlocked, aswell as some that are known as engineering samples but these are only given out to testers for evaluation.

5. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

@marsey

Thanx man; don't forget to check out my thread again; cuz I've got some questions about getting AT or PAST 2.5 ghz......