1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OVERCLOCK XBOX CPU 1200mhz+

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Demonix90, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Demonix90

Demonix90 Guest

Looking around for an ISO, I found this new, uploaded today infact, CPU overclocker. Using your xbox serial an application generates a 'default.xbe'. FTP it over to your applications, then use your D pad to adjust the settings.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

If you do not know what overclocking it, long story short you make a computer run faster then the manufacturer said is the safest. So, the roughly 700mhz the Xbox has can be turned into 1200mhz, or more. This also is an obvious use of more power, more heat, etc. Overclocking can go horribly wrong, horribly fast. Someone there mentioned 1320mhz stable, however the lifetime of your Xbox is sure to dwindle at an alarming rate.

I will be conducting tests, running several applications at different speeds. I will monitor overall gameplay speed, internal temperature, and noise levels. Maybe several other crucial factors.

Nevertheless, I only set my CPU to 1000mhz when running the Linux application (XDSL). Very smooth, and for those who have the windows98 emulation, that run's faster too. So, to save your Xbox from burning out prematurely, I suggest only using higher mhz when truly needed. Xboxs are at least 4 years old, possibly 8. Make them last, enjoy this program.

http://www.xboxisozone.com/downloads/614/cpu-multiplier-unlocker-(overclock-xbox-cpu).html

2. varnull

varnull Guest

yeah.. I know.. guess who wrote the original article..

They go bang within days. I know from bitter experience.. also it's not worth adding the extra ram.. again.. xbox apps are written for a 700mhz cpu and 64mb's ram.. only gain I saw was from the mame emulator.. other apps no benefit at all. Clocking up the cpu actually screws up more than it solves..

Now for people who need a penis.. I have a spare one.. any takers?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2009
  3. dalecore

dalecore Regular member

How about HD content does it do a better job of playing those

4. Demonix90

Demonix90 Guest

No, it will only increase the CPU mhz. Also, for the record, XboxISOZone has apparently been hacked. Multiple accounts have been compromised, and it seems this upload was one of the targets. I deleted my Downloads folder today, or I would gladly upload the REAL one for you guys. I am seeing if my friend has it.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE FILE!

A hacker switched out the download on there, and they have been doing the same thing for ISOs and other home brew applications. Ashamed, great website, lacks any form of real managing though. I wouldn't download anything from them for a few weeks.