1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking Info

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Go2jail, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Go2jail

Go2jail Member

Ok, I have a nice setup for a compy comin sometime this week and wanted to learn how to overclock.. now I know it doesn't do any extreme boost on performance but I want every cent I can get out of this thing.

I'm getting the following:
    AMD 64 X2 4400+ toledo core 2000mhz fsb
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
    ASUS 92mm Heatsink/fan
    AMPO 1Gb 184 pin memory (yea it's no brand name but it's only 80 bucks and had great reviews and i've heard reports it will overclock so i'm happy)
    Antec Truepower 550w PSU(I'm really worried this may not be enough power.. i'll tell ya why)

Now I KNOW this thing can overclock but i'm wondering how to. If anyone knows how to here please help or if anyone knows any good forums for help on this please help.

I was wondering if that was enough power because i'm going to eventually run SLI with the video cards(they say 500w in SLI) but with everthing else in there I wasn't sure if it was enough.

Thank you for any help and i'm fairly good with computer and a quick learner so don't try and explain things like i'm a 3 year old.. i've had that happen to many times...

2. Go2jail

Go2jail Member

I'm very sorry if double posting is bad here but I for got to put up my graphics chip and can't figure out how to edit..

Leadtek PX7900GS 256mb PCI-E 16x