1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OverClocking Laptop?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by LightXxX, Feb 7, 2011.

1. TreePro

TreePro Regular member

Yea, I think everyone knows not to over clock a laptop, But one of us on here is hardheaded and we figured we enjoy the video of Lightxxx setting his laptop on fire.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

anybody got marshmellows?

3. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

LOL Fire and Marshmellow...

4. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

Will, IDK if it's jsut the SetFSB or not but it's on the first one.... Imma try it than Thanks but ill reply in a few minutes if anything goes wrong and my laptop isn't ganna get fired since it's at 143*F(Most i seen at 100% usage)

5. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

6. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

On the SetFSB it is at ICS9148BF-26 but ClockGen doesn't have it, it have an identical one that is, is ICS 9545148, i tried it by one click of arrow goign right and it doesn't work... it just reset... Also, the PLL control doesn't show the CPU Speed... Why? I also dont get the why the FSB on Clock, doesn't show the FSB...

7. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

What are the thermal limits of your hardware? Degrees celcius will cause less confusion in the long run.

8. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

What you mean Thermal Limits of my Hardware? If you said max or where it mostly stop is at 210*F... it's around 100*C

9. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

thermal limit - top temperature able to be reached and still function. mostly your cpu and chipset needs to be checked out to see.

10. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

The most i seen was 210*F... Also, when i stopped the fan and it reached 210*F for a little bit instead of going to 215*F or something... It was at 210*F for like after 10 sec of seeing it and i let fan go didn't know what's the overheatning point... Why doesn't my SetFPS work? When i first saw it, it was at 5/7 and i change it to 6/7 and it still the same, no CPU change.... CPU-Z is lieing to me and it said -.4 awhile it's actually 2.3 and CPU-Z is jumping so i dont know what's the actuall speed since it jump from 2.3-2.4....

11. TreePro

TreePro Regular member

The set fsb button is diabled until 800 Japanese Yen is paid.

12. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

I used the Freeware versionn, the shareware needed 800 YEN... the freeware let me set FSB but it doesn't change my FSB nor CPU...

13. omendata

omendata Regular member

I knew this twonk was familiar

Seems you havent learned the lesson from your previous monumental post!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-111/does_overclock_matter-880425/

Seems you like to overheat things and blow them up even your "brothers" PS3 isnt safe!
    Lol

Your brother - lets be honest you dont have a brother you just want to blame someone else when you Fubar it!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-113/do_i_need_cool_the_ps3-875761/

Overclocking is old hat now for the speed gain you achieve balanced against the danger you cause to your system.

In the past there wasnt such a thermal overhead - with the new processors heat is becoming more and more of a problem even graphics cards have monolith heatsinks on them!

Overclocking used to be used to provide a credible gain in system speed , now its just a way to show-off or for researching a-la Toms Hardware and should be left to the pros!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  14. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

I just wanna Overclock my Laptop because it's like so slow... I tried almost every overclicking software but it's not working...

15. ddp

16. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

This thread still going..lol..only lappy i know of that can game is an alien ware,you should've thought about what you wanted to do with it before buying the laptop you have now,i learn't that after getting my first hp,the money i spent upgrading it i would've been better off saving a bit more & making it me bloody self,as for over clocking anything,to me it's a total waste of time you should've started off with a gruntier version from the outset,in the motor sport world there's no substitute for cubes same goes for comps..nough said..

17. ddp

scorpNZ, it was his big bro's ex-girlfriend's laptop.

18. omendata

omendata Regular member

No no get it right it was his little bro's ex-girlfriend's laptop.

>;o)

19. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

It was my big bro... Not my little bro, my bro is 13 years older and im only 14... Also How do i freaken OC??? How do i disable SpeedStep in BIOS or is there any other way to disable it? Is it even possible now(I thinks it's impossible now) that ClockGen and SetFSB doesn't work??? Just dont play around and give some serious answer please...

20. ddp

we have been giving serious answers but it seems a certain somebody whose name starts with "L" doesn't want to listen. keep this up & i will close this & your other threads.