1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking MachSpeed Board

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by core2kid, Oct 21, 2007.

1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Wow, no offense but the guy sounds like a total retard.

My response:
    1. Think about how many hours you'll play the game in a year. If you play it for an hour a day, 5 days a week, you'll rack up 260 hours in a year, making each entire hour of gamepkay a mere 19 cents.

2. I don't find FPS with a controller as easy, but then I haven't had the experience.

3. Well at least when you realise that Halo 2 is the same as the original xbox game (including the quality of the graphics) you won't be disappointed. Or will you?

The last three annoy me so much I'm not even answering them.
    Take your current Pentium D, put a better PSU and Graphics card in, and add a gig of RAM. Then in the year so's time change the motherboard and CPU, keep the Graphics card!

My PC runs Halo 2 fine on max, except it doesn't, because you can't have max. The main reason for getting it for most people is the higher resolution (let's face it, that's the only thing that's changed) and yet it's one of very few current titles that don't support 2560x1600. The only games that still don't support that res are games by EA, but they don't count because EA have intentionally removed widescreen support from all their games.

2. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Well, when I built his Pentium D in the past, he only had a $400 price limit which, because of that I had to use a Motherboard that used DDR RAM and an AGP video card which makes upgrading expensive. I told him about playing on insane resolutions and that you won't be able to see a difference and he thought I was stupid. I mean, come on, the monitor he has is a crappy 15 inch LCD with a max resolution of 1024x768. Its gonna be hard for a 12 year old kid to pay for all this himself (His dad only covers $500 and with what he wants, I'd say he would have to pay like $1000) If you had $1000 to build a PC, what would you build?

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Ah well, that is a bit young to know much about PCs, I grant you.
    To be honest, the higher resolution the better, I'm with him on that, but on a 15" screen you won't be going very far up the scale!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  4. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

What PC would you build with $1000?

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

For a games PC, I could list a load of components, but in truth, it's no gaming PC with a 15" monitor. I'd include a better monitor in the price...

6. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Don't include a monitor because I think he will be taking the monitor thats with his dads PC that does a Max Resolution of 1280x1024, If u truly want to include a monitor, go for it.

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

8. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Ill look at that and may change around some parts to account for $100 Vista. Another question I got about my laptop, Its an E1505 with the battery very lightly used. Now, whenever I set it to charge, it says Total battery charge 99% and primary battery charge 98% (I only have 1 battery) and the Approximate charge time fluctuates. It sometimes reaches 100%, but right now its not. Should I discharge the battery completely and see if it reaches 100%? This battery is still under warranty so should I just replace it with Dell?

9. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

If it is a Lithium-Ion battery(it definitely is), then discharging it will ruin it. The best way to take care of these is to have them fully charged at all times. IT doesn't have a "memory", so you don't have to discharge it.

10. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

I'm actually in the process of Discharging it (which did help last time) so I will continue and if that doesn't work then I guess its time for a new battery.

11. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Do as you like, but if you discharge it you WILL ruin the battery. In fact it probably has a system in place you you can't fully discharge it, but even making it go down like that will make it loose it's battery life, and how much charge it holds next time around.