1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking problem! (help please).

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by 3lement, Apr 2, 2008.

1. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

you got the gigabyte ds3l right? if you did then hitting control + f1 adds memory timings to the overclocking menu. here are my setting, just remember that they might not work for you and i don't recommend using these right away. try setting the fsb at 300 to start.

fsb 345
    mult 9
    SPD 2.4(clocks my ram at 828. you can set lower if you don't want to stress the ram)
    voltage 1.36250

and depending on how much you have your ram overclocked you may need to add .1 voltage to that to. and in the advanced bios features disable C1E for better stability.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  2. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Sorry to bring back an old thread but...i reset my computer because it froze up (crappy version of xp) and it reset all my setting...any idea on what to set them at? i tried what i thought i had before but it doesnt work. Its been a long time since i overclocked it and i dont remeber the settings. Thanks

3. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Its something with the memory. I tried to use the settings listed above but wheni put 2.4 it doesnt boot just to the screen where it says xp then restarts. I tried using auto but that doesnt boot either. And also tried 2.0 the lowest setting which also fails. Any help?