1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Override sub size and placement in real DVDs

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by muki0, Jan 20, 2008.

1. muki0

muki0 Member

Hey all, new member.

I appoligize this isn't exactly related to DVD-R, authoring or burning, but since it involves advanced tweaking of subs I thought maybe you could lend your expertise. :)

I have a few "legit" DVDs (not copies, etc) that I like to view with subs. Unfortunatelly the default subs are large and obstructive (1/3rd up from the bottom, almost). When I watch AVIs, MKVs, OGMs and stuff, I can override placement and size of subs with vobsub or equivalent. Obviously vobsub doesn't work with real DVDs, and neither MPC nor VideoLAN's internal sub overrides work on the DVDs. PowerDVD and AVS have no sub customization options to speak of, unless they are very well hidden and undocumented.

Admitedly I'm far more experienced with watching files rather than DVDs, so I took sub customization for granted. Are DVD subs completelly fixed? Is there a player or plugin that will allow some control over sub appearence?

Thanks!

2. muki0

muki0 Member

Forgot to mention that they are not hard subs. I can deactivate them or change the language in the DVD's menu.